Positive Radio Group is looking for a Traffic Assistant to work in our Blacksburg Office. This currently a part-time position with potential to become full time.
Deploys commercial advertising and monthly billing while coordinating with other departments to provide unsurpassed customer service.
- Handles all aspects of Traffic duties for assigned stations(s) including placing bumped spots, rearranging spots on log in non-competitive slots, assigning cart numbers on production orders, making sure all copies are turned in, scheduling/adding commercials and network spots to log, changing computer data when necessary.
- Enters commercial advertising schedules and maintains database while reviewing and resolving any error reports.
- Produces daily commercial logs
- Interfaces with Station Manager and Sales/Account Representatives regarding inventory and procedure issues.
- Updates Sales Managers on available inventory.
- Collaborates with Management and Account Representatives to ensure commercial spots are executed in accordance with contract provisions.
- Monitors changes and resolves Traffic department discrepancies.
- Manages flow of information and service inquiries in Natural Log systems.
- Coordinates with other departments to maintain commercial inventory and to provide billing information.
- Manages monthly billing/invoicing of clients, maintains client accounts and makes adjustments as needed, collating invoices and statements for delivery
- Plans and schedules to meet all require deadlines, (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Resolves problems among Sales, Continuity, Programming, Traffic, and Accounting.
- Attaches printed contracts with signed orders and order confirmations and places in files.
- Posts logs on a daily basis; prints log reports and files on a monthly basis.
- Routinely files paperwork
- May complete network production (i.e., barter spots, affidavits).
- May perform Digital Traffic duties.
- May require flexibility in work schedules.
- May back up other Traffic Coordinators, when sick or on vacation
- Often takes on the role of receptionist and associated duties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite,
- Familiarity with Natural Log systems a plus
- Basic Accounting skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instruction procedure manuals, and insertion/purchase orders
- Excellent time management; ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, and high work standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Works calmly and effectively under pressure
- Prefer 2-5 years’ experience in automated broadcast traffic system
- High school diploma or equivalent
- None required
Email your Cover-letter, resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.